Want to support Chris but you’re not sure exactly how?
There are many ways you can support Chris that would be incredibly helpful.
- You can help financially by donating to the bail fund which will be used to help him get stamps and food from the commissary or to the NATO bail fund set up to assist arrestees from the summit.
- You can write him letters or postcards and send them to:
P.O. Box 089002
Chicago, Illinois 60608
- You can visit him in jail, if you are in Chicago. His visitation day is Monday from 3:30 to 8:30. If you visit him, you will be searched twice and they will run your ID. Your best bet is to leave everything outside except for your state-issued ID.
- You can send him paper-back books! Chris is an avid reader and will read anything you send him but he also has a wish-list of books he really wants to read. If you send him something on the wish-list try to check it off so others don’t send him the same book!
- You can organize a fundraiser in your town! In Asheville, they organized a waffle-eating brunch for Chris. In Atlanta, we did a Chris French-pressed coffee fundraiser party. There are a lot of creative and fun ways to raise money and it’s really important that we do. Plus, organizing fundraisers can be good ways to meet new people in your city. If you do a fundraiser, let us know so we can post about it!